We’re excited to announce that this is the last Weekly Roundup, in it’s current form, that we will ever have! What will be happening to your juicy, delicious and all-together fulfilling larp news that you’ve come to know and love? Well, instead of giving it to you once a week, we’re going to be bringing it to you once a day! That’s right, larp news, interviews, videos and awesome stories will be brought to your digital front door every day (well at least Monday through Friday, weekends are bonus). “But, wait!” You think to yourself, “How will I know when to check Larping.org for the new blog posts!?” Well, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered because we’re on all your favorite social media outlets and here they are:
Did you subscribe? Yes, ok onto the roundup!
- First up, Buskador has a post on a Simple Way to make a Larp Weapon Counterweight. Lots of great posts on making Larp Weapons on Buskador’s blog.
- Sociology for Nerds has posted about larping in their post “Larping the Lens of Dramaturgy. Sound confusing? It’s not. Dramaturgy is a theatrical term used to describe the study of plays and other theatrical works. Go read Dianna’s post for the full scoop on how you can use it to make better larps.
- Wired.com has the latest news on the South Park Larp RPG “The Stick of Truth”. Yes, you read that right. A South Park RPG is being released in March 2013 that follows the characters on a town wide larp. It’s gross, it’s outrageous, it’s larp, but it’s all South Park. See the video below:
- Good news for Mind’s Eye Society fans awaiting news on the upcoming MMO “World of Darkness”. There’s an Open Letter from the creators stating that the game is still in production, it’s just a little bit pushed back due to financial issues. Basically, go out and buy DUST 514 to ensure it’s produced! Editor’s note: Thanks to user Orange for pointing out our error: the game is called World of Darkness, not Mind’s Eye Society. We apologize.
- Digital Journal has more news on the upcoming Realm of Larp web series from the Nerdist Youtube Channel. Apparently, it’s a reality series based around a group of larpers from a particular game. This changes things a bit from the laugh riot we thought it was going to be.
- Lastly, Kevin Avery is obsessed with Larping. In his adventures at Wyrd Con he is transformed into Tyronius (Tyrone for short) and hilarity, sort of, ensues. Check out the video:
And like all good things the Weekly Roundup has come to an end for good. There will still be tons of awesome larp news and info on Larping.org it will just come more often and spread out. This may make some of you sad, but do not fret. Instead, grab our RSS and enjoy the goodness each day. As always submit larp news to email@example.com.
Photo courtesy of 27 Reality on Flickr.