This news roundup is intended to be all about what’s happening in the Live Action Role Playing world. Therefore, we want as much of this weekly segment to be about the things you’re doing, creating and making waves in larp culture and in your circles across the globe. Is your university starting a larp club? Send us the info and we’ll cover it. Got a unique event taking place for your larp group? Let us tell the story. Got the best homemade costume of all time? Send us a picture and be judged by the masses. Whatever your larp story or news is we want to feature you. Yes, you. Email email@example.com to submit your news, story, picture or blog post to the weekly roundup.
- First, LARP was featured on NPR! Thanks to the fame of The Avengers, people are taking an interest in dressing up in fantasy characters. Also, I learned of the term “SHLarper: Super Hero Live Action Roleplayer”. Which sounds more like cosplaying to me.
- Next up this week is a video from “Good Luck Charlie” on the Disney channel. It appears that Disney has taken to making fun of larping and larpers as well. What are your thoughts?
- Lizzie Stark is everywhere this week thanks to her exposure on the BBC and her book, “Leaving Mundania”. She was on The Phoenix in an interview, Collabnarration has taken a close look at her work and given their opinion and lastly she has posted her recent Nordic Larp Talk.
- Also, on The Phoenix is their article titled, “Zombies ripped my flesh” or How I didn’t survive the zombie apocalypse. It details one writers adventure in the Zombie 5k held in Amesbury, Massachusetts.
- The Movie Blog had a chance to sit down with Bret Gipson who stars in hopefully-soon-to-be-released Knights of Badassdom. Still no release date for the film….
- The Washington Post has a great spread of photos from their time at Mysticon. Looks like people had a blast.
- Lastly, check out the Facebook page for “World of Larp” soon to be “Realm of Larp” an upcoming Television show, set to debut this fall. Looks like it will be fairly interesting!